I see some weird things while at the gym and I'm sure you guys do too. Some of them are just downright hilarious, and some that make me question what in the world they are doing. Just for the record...I think it's great you're at the gym in the first place, but at least pay attention to what you're doing there!
1. Walk around aimlessly. Before you get to the gym, have a plan for how you're going to spend you're time there. Are you going to do the elliptical, run 3 miles, ride the bike, take a workout class, etc? The more specific you make it, the more likely you'll get it done.
2. This goes hand in hand with #1. There are certain advantages to working out with a friend (more motivation, someone to help you stick to your goals), but there's also disadvantages. You are less focused on your workout and can be distracted if both of you are chatterboxes. Don't just sit there and chat it up for 30 minutes mid workout or pause every other minute to talk. Experts say if you are truly focused on the exercise you are performing, your results will be better and I believe that 110%.
3. Punch the machine you're on. Once a guy next to me was literally punching the crap out of the treadmill he was on. I kept trying to figure out why one would do this-but couldn't come up with much. I know the treadmill can suck at times, but honestly, what will punching it do?
4. Wear your hair down while running. AHHH! This one drives me up a wall. How can you possibly run well, and hard, with your long hair down swaying back and forth? If you're concerned about looking like a lady, then you're focus is ALL wrong. You're at the gym...look like it.
5. Talk on your cell phone. If it's an emergency and you step away from the machine you're using-then OK, that's understandable otherwise-just no. N-o.
6. Skip a shower for the last 4 or 5 days and then decide to hit up the gym. Please...oh please...be aware of your body odor. There are still people next to you that don't want to have to move from a machine to another machine mid workout because of your stench. (This has happened countless times to me...)
7. Talk to others about how tired you are, how you shouldn't be there, etc. Don't make excuses! This isn't motivating to you or the person you are talking to. Mentally work through whatever you're complaining about, and get your workout done! You'll be glad that you did.
Oh, I found this mini workout you can do from home that I thought I would share.
Give it a try today!
Do you have any gym pet peeves?
I hope I'm not the only one here!
PS: Like I said earlier, this isn't to bring anyone down per say,
just to talk about how you can spend your time wisely at the gym. :)