What an awesome spring weekend. I'm actually a little
very depressed that it's come and gone so quickly (just like the others), but the one thing this weekend did do was remind me how much fun is ahead the next few months.
I get along real well with spring and summer. Real well. Here's why:
1. Brunch (and dinners) outside on patio's. Specifically ones that involve Nutella pancake balls....also known as the most delicious little guys you will ever eat in your life. I went to brunch at Katalina's with two girlfriends on Saturday and was instantly reminded why this spot is one of my favorites...casual atmosphere, amazing food, and big patio.
local Columbus gals-you must try them if you haven't yet!
2. Sandal weather, bright nail polish, and zero jackets...no explanation needed here.
3. Light, refreshing cocktails on our deck. This weekend I made a new favorite cocktail for a few girlfriends...I mixed up tito's, club soda, and sliced pineapple in a big pitcher and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving with ice cubes and a splash of La Croix...it was so yummy!
4. Fun shopping finds. I found this adorable anchor tee to wear boating this summer (bring.it.on...we are SO excited for weekends at the cottage this summer!), these sandals, and stocked up on some more of our favorite sheets/pillowcases this weekend. I swear by these sheets (you can find them at Bed Bath and Beyond)...they are even better than the Hotel Collection at Macy's (in my opinion).
5. Sunday night dinners at my parents with this view! I'm even more excited to walk down to the vineyard (to the right of this picture) this summer and to go fishing...
6. This easy Greek Tortellini Salad recipe that I made for Billy this weekend. It is one of his favorite recipes that I make. I can't say I blame the man, it's pretty delicious.
7. Going to Mara's soccer games! This weekend Mara's team made it to the championship for a tournament here so I went to two of her games and loved being able to watch her. She has come so far the past few years and is really turning into a great little player! :)
getting so big! ah!
8. Pretty proof in our backyard that spring is in fact HERE!!
How did you spend your weekend? Are you happy spring is finally here?!